It’s the holiday season, and everyone is winding down for the end of the year and getting ready for the December holidays to begin. It’s important to think ahead to figure out your social media strategy for the upcoming season.
Below are a few tips and tricks to make sure you have your social media presence covered over the holidays:
- Preschedule posts – depending on your company’s annual holiday leave you may or may not be in the office before or after Christmas. It is important to have some social media scheduled in the queue, so that you don’t have to worry about creating content while enjoying family and friends. You also want to make sure that you never ‘go dark’ and leave your channels silent for an extended period.
- Make sure that you have someone online and checking your channels – while this may not be what you want to do during the holidays, it is important to keep your social presences active and make sure that you are answering any questions that come in.
- Create a list of responses that can be used for questions that come in over the holiday – In order to help answer questions that come in over the break, it is helpful to have a question and answer guide that will allow you to respond in a timely manner.
- Make sure you have a consistent tone in your responses – the holiday season can be a time of high stress. People can take to social to vent frustrations with the company, services, or products. It is important to always respond in a clear and levelheaded manner. Do not let your emotions get the best of you.
- Cover your holidays – not everyone celebrates Christmas, so it is important to not single out just one winter holiday.
- Use holiday hashtags – these will extend the reach of your posts. Be careful not to go overboard on them.
Now that you have some tips and tricks to help your social media strategy over the holidays, get cozy and warm and enjoy the season of giving.
Everyone here at Connect wishes you a happy holiday and a successful social media strategy!